2021 Semi-Annual Meeting
April 10, 2021 @ 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm
The President of the Military Historical Society of Massachusetts requests the pleasure of your virtual attendance at our Semi-Annual meeting via Zoom and presentation by distinguished speaker, Professor John D. Woodward, Jr., Professor of the Practice of International Relations, Pardee School, Boston University, MHSM Member
Schedule of Events:
|11:30 – 12:00||Tech Time: This is to ensure that all attendees are logged in to the Zoom Platform and prepared for the meeting proceedings.|
|12:00||Member Meeting Begins|
|12:45||Distinguished Speaker Professor John D. Woodward, Jr. discusses|
Prof. Woodward will explain how the US Department of Defense (DoD) biometric effort transitioned from an idea in the 1990’s to a robust implementation, starting in 2003, when Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF), Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF) and the Global War on Terror were all high US Government (USG) priorities.
Based on the successful use of biometrics as an intelligence tool, DoD formally established “IDINT” – Identity Intelligence & “BEI” – Biometrics Enabled Intelligence, as enshrined in official doctrine.
Drawing on his experiences working on DoD biometrics as a think- tank researcher and subsequently as the Director of the DoD Biometrics Management Office from 2003-2005, Woodward will recount the role biometric technologies played to help DoD identify security threats and enabling better information sharing within the US Government.
The 2020 Annual Meeting will be held via Zoom
- To log in to Zoom meeting site – on April 10th at 11:30 click on Zoom icon above.
- A window will open on your screen asking you to either download or launch Zoom.
- Click on “Open Zoom Meetings” and the computer will open a web page for this meeting.
- If the host has not yet started the meeting you will see a box reading “Waiting for the host to start this meeting.” This box features a button allowing you to test your audio to ensure that your computer’s speakers are functioning correctly.
- When the host has started the meeting session you will see a box on your screen reading “Join with Computer Audio.” Click that button to link your computer to the meeting’s audio.
- If your computer has an attached video camera, you can choose to click on the “Join Meeting Video” icon in the bottom left of the screen. This will create a video feed of you which will be shared to the other participants.
- Mute button- the left of the meeting screen has an audio icon which can be clicked to mute your audio feed. Please engage mute feature when others are speaking or presenting.