The Military Historical Society of Massachusetts Grant Application
It is the purpose of the Military Historical Society of Massachusetts to support the study, debate and promotion of military history from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, America, and beyond by individual scholars, organizations and institutions.
To request Grant funding from MHSM, the following information must be submitted to the Chair of the Grants Committee either by email or U.S. Postal Service.
Include a one-page cover letter stating the nature of the project, the amount requested and an abbreviated description of the project.
In addition to the cover letter, the proposal's narrative should be a clear and concise outline of the grant request to include the following:
- Contact information of Principle Investigator and description of current programs, activities, and accomplishments.
- Description and scope of the proposed project/program. Indicate relevant experience in the proposed project area of study or need and describe the target audience of the project.
- Describe the goals and intended overall impact of the project, timeline for achieving the desired results, use of MHSM funds, and other public or private organizations that are also participating in the proposed project.
- Discuss the projected expenses and sources of committed and/or anticipated revenue, and any plans for generating other revenue.
- Discuss the vision of a successful outcome for the project and how you will sustain the successful outcomes of the project in the future.
- The successful Grant recipient will update the Society, through the Grants Committee Chair, every six months on the current status of their project until completion. At the completion of the project, the Grant recipient will submit to the Society a written summary of the successful completion of the project.
Military Historical Society of Massachusetts
Post Office Box 308
Boston, MA 02133